The tooling engineer is responsible for supporting all plastic injection mold manufacturing, procurement, and maintenance. The tooling engineer is responsible for supporting the continual improvement of mold and plastic manufacturing at Tri-Par Die and Mold Corporation and is a key member of the management team. A partial list of responsibilities, but not limited to, are:
Company: Tri-Par Die & Mold Corporation
Reports To: Tool Room Manager
Work Location: South Elgin, IL
- Review of customer part prints and models for manufacturability.
- Quotation of new molds, repairs, and improvements.
- Communicate, procure and coordinate with outside mold design vendors.
- Take responsibility for and review mold designs with internal and external customers to ensure robust mold designs for optimal part manufacturability.
- Communicate, procure and coordinate with outside vendors.
- Project manage mold manufacturing and repairs to ensure due dates are achieved.
- Maintain project documents: schedules, progress reports, job status, etc.
- Responsible for all communications with internal and external customers.
- Support any, and all, mold manufacturing and repair operations.
- Work with tool room manager to achieve mold construction productivity gains.
- Work with tool room manager to optimize asset utilization.
- Procure molds from outside vendors – Domestic and International
- Work to develop, nurture and maintain a culture of integrity, appreciation, respect, and continual improvement within the operation.
- Perform other functions as required.
A minimum of 10 years working in the plastic injection molding industry specifically with the manufacturing of plastic injection molds.
- Technical experience with both plastic injection molding and plastic injection molds.
- Previous responsibility of mold procurement and mold design review.
- Experience using solid modeling software or viewers to review part models.
- Attentive to details, especially those involving safety, quality, delivery, and costs.
- A solid understanding of product development cycles
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- AS or BS in an engineering or technical field.
- Experience procuring molds from international suppliers.