The second shift supervisor position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of second shift. The supervisor will maintain at all times a safe and productive work environment. The shift supervisor will oversee the execution of the production schedule. The shift supervisor is also responsible for the production of the highest quality of finished goods that exceed customers’ expectations. The individual will participate in shift production meetings and coordinate with any and all individuals within the company to ensure any and all issues that arise in the production environment are dealt with in an appropriate and timely manner. The supervisor will maintain an environment of cooperation and respect to bring to resolution any and all issues that arise in the production environment. The supervisor will strive to provide valuable input with regards to the continual improvement of operations.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
WORK LOCATION: South Elgin, IL
WORK HOURS: Second Shift, Monday – Friday, 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
- Maintain a safe and contamination-free work environment through continual focus and use of good housekeeping practices and continual safety improvements.
- Troubleshoot and adjust molding processes as required.
- Responsible for the set-up and start-up of plastic injection molds, machines and equipment.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of all molds and equipment.
- Responsible for ordering, stocking, & maintaining the specified raw material(s) for each injection molding machine and assembly area accurately.
- Responsible for cleaning, setting up and maintaining all equipment.
- Ensure that the appropriate regrind material is being used whenever it is permitted and available.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve maintenance issues pertaining to molds, molding machines and all auxiliary equipment.
- Support engineering, quality and maintenance mechanic as required.
- Responsible for taking ownership of problem resolution and implementation of corrective actions.
- Perform Shipping and Receiving functions as required.
- Maintain quality and accuracy of finished goods and raw inventory.
- Maintain warehouse organization.
- Train, educate and develop subordinates for future roles.
- Available to work weekends when required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Available to work Second Shift (Monday – Friday 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm) reliably.
- Capable of comprehending and communicating in English (verbal & written).
- Extensive experience with injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Attentive to details, especially those involving safety, housekeeping, quality and material handling accuracy.
- Good mechanical aptitude to assist in troubleshooting and repairing molds, equipment and system malfunctions.
- Team player with good interpersonal and excellent communication skills.
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift and handle items in excess of 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated reliable work ethics and attendance.
- Decoupled or Scientific molding training.
- Fluent in Spanish