The Quality Assurance Technician is an important role responsible for making sure the company and customer quality standards are being met. This role conducts tests, performs inspections, and communicates results. This role reports to the Quality Assurance Manager and works closely with manufacturing operations.
Company: Tri-Par Die & Mold Corporation
Reports To: Quality Manager
Work Location: South Elgin, IL
WORK HOURS: 3rd Shift, Monday – Friday, 11:00 pm – 7:30 am
- Responsible for first and last piece first article inspection. Includes visual and measurement of product using a part print.
- Responsible for monitoring quality.
- Record process control data and scrap data.
- Record measurements into Datalyzer computer software as per Quality Control Instruction.
- Work closely with Shift Supervisor, and production to resolve quality issues quickly.
- Perform receiving functions as required.
- Identifying problems and making improvements.
- Recommend measures to improve quality of parts.
- Assist with training of new employees.
- Complete final audits of all finished boxes.
- Print labels for jobs.
- Attend shift change meetings.
- Work overtime as required by workload and customer-driven deadlines.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Available to work 3rd Shift (Monday – Friday 11:00 pm – 7:30 am) reliably.
- Capable of comprehending and communicating in English (verbal & written).
- Team player – must be able to work closely with operators and the Shift Supervisor.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good attitude towards quality resolution and the corrective action implementation.
- Demonstrated reliable work ethics and attendance.
- Experience with the use of calipers, indicators, micrometers, and other quality measurement equipment.
- Basic Computer Knowledge. Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Email.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Datalyzer and/or other quality control software.
- Statistics knowledge
- Experience with quality control with injection molded components.
Please email resume in PDF or word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes should include salary history. Resumes without salary history will not be considered.