POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Material Handler position plays a key role in our plastic injection molding and assembly manufacturing plant operations. This role is responsible for many critical areas such as raw material management, inventory management, and more.
POSITION: Material Handler
COMPANY: Tri-Par Die & Mold Corporation
REPORT TO: Shift Supervisor
WORK LOCATION: South Elgin, IL
HOURS: First Shift, Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Second Shift, Monday – Friday 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
- Responsible for ordering, stocking, & maintaining the specified raw materials(s) for each injection molding machine and assembly area accurately.
- Responsible for cleaning, setting up, and maintaining dryers, granulators, and material distribution system machinery.
- Ensure that the appropriate regrind material is being used whenever it is permitted and available.
- Maintain a safe and contamination-free work environment through continual focus and use of good housekeeping practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve maintenance issues pertaining to grinders, dryers, and the material distribution system.
- Perform all Shipping and Receiving functions as required.
- Maintain quality and accuracy of finished goods and raw inventory.
- Maintain warehouse organization.
- Assist with relieving press operators for breaks and lunches.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Available to work reliably to the shift committed to, dependability is extremely important.
- Capable of comprehending and communicating in English (verbal & written)
- Able to operate hand trucks and drive forklifts.
- Attentive to details, especially those involving safety, housekeeping, and material handling accuracy.
- Good mechanical aptitude to assist in troubleshooting and repairing equipment and system malfunctions.
- Team player — may be called upon to help relieve press operators for breaks or other tasks as required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift and handle items in excess of 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated reliable work ethics and attendance.
- High School diploma or GED
- Material handling experience associated with plastic injection molding and assembly operations.
- Capable of comprehending and communicating in English (verbal & written).