The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, a self-starter, self-sufficient, and able to work in a team environment: tool manufacturing, both new construction and repair work. Knowledge of the following types of molds preferred: Conventional, Hot Runner, Two shot, Unscrewing, Three Plate, and Unit Dies. This position is responsible for maintaining safety and quality standards, maintaining equipment and tooling, and communicating with the supervisor on all Tool Making matters and quality issues. For more specific details, please reference the position description.
Company: Tri-Par Die & Mold Corporation
Reports To: Tool Room Manager
Work HOURS: 7 am – 5:30 pm (approximate)
Work Location: South Elgin, IL
Tri-Par Die and Mold Corporation (www.tri-par.com) is a custom thermoplastic injection molding, contract manufacturing, and mold manufacturing company located in South Elgin IL. Tri-Par wants to add a Lead Mold Maker to its tool room team. Tri-Par has a long and stable history of providing exceptional customer value via uncompromising quality, delivery, and price. The exceptional value Tri-Par provides for its customers has resulted in consistent and ample work for our tool room.
Lead Mold Maker
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working knowledge of manufacturing custom plastic injection molds
- Machining skills able to hold close tolerances +/- .0002
- Capable of working with minimal direct supervision
- Good communication skills
- Aid with the training of apprentice toolmakers
- Capable of troubleshooting and determining corrective actions of injection molds
- Perform preventative maintenance and changeovers of injection molds
- Proficient in the operating manual and CNC mills, EDM, and surface grinders
- Performs quality checks on details/components produced
- Must know and comply with all safety rules
- Keep own and adjacent work areas clean.
- Exceptional attendance during regularly scheduled shifts.
- Work 40 to 50 hours a week. Overtime pay is 1.5x after 40 hrs (Note overtime is usually required)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Preferred candidate will have completed
- Formal apprenticeship in mold making and/or some college-related coursework.
- 5+ years prior experience in mold manufacturing, both new construction and repair work
Preferred skills include:
- Proficient in Math, Print reading, CAD, Computer skills, and CNC Programming.
- Knowledge of the following types of molds is preferred: Conventional, Hot runner, Two shot, Unscrewing, Three plate
We offer competitive wages and benefits in a clean, air-conditioned shop.
Email Resumes to: email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time