The CNC Programmer/Machinist is responsible for all CNC programming and machining work for all CNC equipment. This includes advanced programming and machining of complex geometric components used primarily in plastic injection molds and custom automation systems. This position is responsible for maintaining safety and quality standards, maintaining equipment and tooling, and communicating with the supervisor on all machining matters and quality issues. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, a self-starter and self-sufficient, and able to work in a team environment.
Company: Tri-Par Die & Mold Corporation
Reports To: Tool Room Manager
Work HOURS: 7 am – 5:30 pm (approximate)
Work Location: South Elgin, IL
Tri-Par Die and Mold Corporation (www.tri-par.com) is a custom thermoplastic injection molding, contract manufacturing, and mold manufacturing company located in South Elgin IL. Tri-Par is looking to add to its tool room team a CNC Programmer/Machinist. Tri-Par has a long and stable history of providing exceptional customer value via uncompromising quality, delivery, and price. The exceptional value Tri-Par provides for its customers has resulted in consistent and ample work for our tool room.
CNC Programmer/Machinist’s primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- CNC Programming using CNC machining software and/or direct using machine controller.
- Operate all CNC machines to perform precision machining operations.
- Proactively identify work to be completed and develop a schedule/strategy to complete work on time.
- Read blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Machine parts to specifications.
- Measure completed components to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Maintain all associated CNC machining accessories: tooling, holders, etc…
- Perform routine machine maintenance and minor repairs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma, GED or demonstrated capable work history.
- 2 years daily programming of CNC machines using CNC machining software.
- 5 years general/CNC machining experience.
- Certificate in CNC precision programming/machining or equivalent education/experience.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to create and read mechanical drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to use typical metrology equipment such as micrometers and calipers.
- General computer skills/knowledge.
- Excellent organizational skills and good housekeeping skills.
- Attentive to details, especially those involving safety, precision, quality, and delivery.
- Ability to work in a team environment. Good communication Skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. Hours can vary slightly depending on due dates.
- Speak, read, and write English.